* Keep everything CLEAN! Do not get sloppy, your health is worth more than that!
* Ferment in glass, the acidic nature of the liquid wears away metal and even ceramics
* That little pancake is a by-product, not a cause of the fermentation. It just makes things a little quicker
* All of that liquid is usable, always leave a little behind to maintain acidity. This prevents molds and other nasties growing.
* You can leave it outside but it will ferment quickly, the good news is that you will probably drink it all before it starts tasting like vinegar.
* A little vinegar is good for you!
* Don’t touch the pancake, why do people do that? You risk contamination. Let it sink to the bottom when pouring in new tea. It’s safe down there. It will prevent mold growing on the surface!
* CLEAN! ALWAYS!